CALL FOR QUOTE
Tell Us About Your Project
Helical piers are an underpinning technique that applies substantial anchoring support for compromised foundations.
Helical piers are used to transfer loads from the soil near the surface to deeper, more suitable load-bearing strata below. Also known as anchors, piles or screwpiles, helical piers are deep foundation solutions appropriate for securing new and/ or repairing existing foundations.
Geotechnical Stabilization, Inc.
1566 Sterling Court
Escondido, CA 92029
Fax: (760) 489-6697
For over 35 years GSI has performed reliable, top quality grouting, soil stabilization and foundation support services helping our client for (in the field of) ground improvement and foundation support.
Common Uses Are
- Provide structural support
- Underpin foundations
Why You May Need Helical Piers
When conditions lead to a distressed foundation:
- Exposure to moisture over a long period of time or construction work being cited on unstable soil; if unchecked you will notice common signs of settlement or foundation failures, such as windows and doors that are sticking and hard to open and/or cracking of interior dry walls becomes visible.
- You notice that walls are beginning to lean and floors are starting to settle and become uneven.
- Cracks start to become evident in foundations or basement walls.
Advantages Of Helical Piers
- Can be used in sensitive areas
- Minimum ground disturbances
- Environmentally friendly installation
- Can be loaded immediately after install, thereby shortening the job schedule and reducing costs
- Installation utilizes no impact forces and produces no vibration, which minimizes the risk of damage to adjacent structures
Due to their design and ease to install, they are most commonly used whenever soil conditions prevent standard foundation solutions. Instead of requiring large excavation work, they thread into the ground. This minimizes installation time, requires little soil disturbance, and most importantly transfers the weight of the structure to load bearing soil.
Geotech Services | Quality Assurance
GSI offers a full range of geotechnical grouting techniques for ground improvement and foundation repair solutions. We are a trusted specialty contracting firm with over 35 years of experience in the stabilization of existing buildings and the improvement of construction sites.
Our staff of experienced and trained engineers has extensive knowledge and experience in soil engineering. We work with home owners, insurance companies, engineers, and developers on residential, commercial and government projects. GSI projects have ranged from individual single-story homes to multi-story buildings and structures of all types. We work closely with our clients in order to provide effective solutions to their structural soil problems.